LOOKING FOR A RECIPE

This message board is for exchanging recipes, food information, asking and answering questions, and making new friends.

Moderator: malini

LOOKING FOR A RECIPE

Postby iamderekw on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:53 am

I was at a Sri Lankan Buddhist Temple and after the service I had the most delicious dish ever! It was Cashew nuts in a sauce. The nuts were soft as if they had been stewed in the white creamy sauce. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and how to make it?

thank you
iamderekw

Re: LOOKING FOR A RECIPE

Postby khushi on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:25 pm

Hi imderekw,

I am not sure what u r referring too...Im sorry :( But i found out this recipe on the web..why dont u give a shot :) here it goes... if u dont know some ingredients..go to google.lk and search on the images :)

CASHEW CURRY INGREDIENTS

* 250 g (8 oz) raw Cashews
* 3 Cups thin Coconut milk (or water)
* 1 medium Onion, sliced
* 2 fresh green Chilies, sliced
* 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
* 5 cm Cinnamon stick
* 4 pieces Rampe
* 8 Curry leaves
* 3 tbs Vegetable oil
* 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
* 1 tbs Raw Curry powder (see recipe for raw curry powder )
* 2 pieces Goraka (optional)
* 1 Cup thick Coconut milk or fresh milk

METHOD:
* Place the cashews in a bowl, add boiling water, close with lid and soak for about 4 hours or overnight.
* Drain the water from cashews and add salt, turmeric, raw curry powder, goraka and mix well until cashews are well coated.
* Heat the oil in a medium saucepan then add onions, green chilies, crushed garlic, cinnamon and fry until onions are soft and golden brown.
* Add the cashews and keep stirring until well coated with oil and onions.
* Add thin coconut milk (or water), close with lid and cook on slow heat until cashews are soft and cooked.
* Add the thick coconut milk (or fresh milk) and bring to a boil on slow heat.
* Turn off heat. Adjust salt to taste.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:25 pm.
khushi

Return to Message Board