Urad dal - 1 cup
Salt - to taste
oil - for frying
For garnishing :
Thick curd - 2 cups
thin curd - 2 cups
Chilli powder - as required
Salt, sugar - as required
Jeera powder - as required
Chaat masala - as required
1. Soak urad dal for 2 hours.
2. Drain and grind it into a smooth paste by adding little water.
3. Keep in the fridge for 2-3 hours and then before making add salt and mix well.
4. In oil deep fry big hand full of vadas.
5. In a vessel take thin curd (thick curd with lots of water and beaten)
6. Add salt and chaat masala and soak the vadas in this after you fry for around 1/2 hour.
7. Then squeeze out the excess liquid and keep the vadas arranged in a tray.
8. Add salt and sugar in thick curds, beat well and put this curd mixture on top till it covers all the vadas.
9. Sprinkle chilli powder, jeera powder and chaat masala on top.
10. Then add sweet chutney and green chutney on top as per your taste.
Lastly add coriander leaves on top and keep refrigerated for some time.
© Malini's Kitchen - Printed from www.infolanka.com/recipes