2 cups black gram dhal (urdu dhal)
green chillies chopped
onion finely chopped
(add spices according to common sense)
1 tbl spns baking soda
2 tbl spns magarine
2 tbl spns all purpose flour
oil to fry
1. Soak urdu dhal in water for 4 hours (not too much water)
2. Add salt, green chilli, ginger, curry leaves and grind in to a paste (not too smooth)
3. Add onion pieces, and cumin seeds and mix well
3. Add baking soda, butter, and wheat flour and mix in to a dough.
4. keep the dough in the fridge for 1/2 hour
5. Make the dough in to balls and flatten them to 1 1/2 cm thick discs and make a hole in the centre of each. Deep fry in hot oil until they are golden brown in color.
6. Drain off excess oil and serve with coconut chutney.
7. Then ENJOY!!
P.S. The baking soda and butter will make like donuts and soft in the middle and crispy on the out side.
© Malini's Kitchen - Printed from www.infolanka.com/recipes