Cooking Time : 20 min.
Preparation Time : 10 min.
1/2 can (400 grams for full can) condensed milk
140 grams (5 oz.) self-raising flour
1 level teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon soda bi-carb
60 ml. (2 fl. oz.) melted butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Sieve the flour, baking powder and soda bi-carbb together.
2. Mix the flour mixture, condensed milk, melted butter, essence and 75 ml. (2 1/2 fl. oz.) water and beat well.
3. Pour the mixture into a greased and dusted 150 mm. (6") diameter tin.
4. Bake in a hot oven at 200 degree C (400 degree F) for 10 minutes. Then reduce the tempreture to 150 degree C (300 degree F) and bake for a further 10 minutes.
5. The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch. When ready, take out from the oven and leave for 1 minute. Invert the tin over a rack and tap sharply to remove.
6. Cool the cake.
© Malini's Kitchen - Printed from www.infolanka.com/recipes