Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 4 minutes each batch
Makes about 12
60g butter; 1/2 cup water; 1/2 cup plain flour; 2 eggs; 1x200g minced chicken meat;
1/4 cup finely chopped mushrooms (if reqd.); 1 teaspoon ground ginger;
1 tablespoon mayonnaise; 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, toasted;
2 teaspoons chopped chives ;
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil .
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce; 2 tablespoons vinegar; 1 teaspoon sesame oil.
1. Place butter and water in a small pan. Bring to the boil slowly; ensuring butter has melted before boiling point is reached. Do not allow to boil.
2. Remove from heat. Add flour all at once. Return to heat. Beat constantly with a wooden spoon until mixture forms a smooth paste which leaves sides of pan. Cool slightly.
3. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. The batter should be thick, smooth and shiny. Stir in chicken, mushrooms, ginger, mayonnaise, almonds and chives.
4. Heat oil in saucepan. When it is moderately hot, drop in level tablespoonsful of batter mixture. Cook until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon. Drain on absorbent paper. Serve with Sauce.
5. To prepare Sauce: Place all ingredients in a screw-top jar. Shake well until combined.
Note: These puffs are very versatile. The basic recipe can be adapted to include, crab meat, or an ingredient of your choice in place
© Malini's Kitchen - Printed from www.infolanka.com/recipes