Makes 12 muffins
1 cup raisins
1 cup water
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Pre-heat Oven to 200 C.
2. Line Muffin tray with buttered paper cups.
3. In a saucepan, bring raisins and water to boil.
4. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Drain; reserving the liquid. Add enough water to the reserved liquid to make 1 cup; let cool.
6. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
7. Add eggs and beat for 2 minutes.
8. Sift together flour and baking powder.
9. Add flours alternately with the reserved liquid to cream mixture, stirring after each addition. 10. Stir in raisins.
11. Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling two-thirds full.
12. Bake at 200 C for 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
13. Let cool on wire racks.
© Malini's Kitchen - Printed from www.infolanka.com/recipes