1. One can of corned beef 340g (Serves 1-3)
(Use 100% beef products e.g. as Princess, Grace or Sainsbury’s premium for good taste(UK))
2. Vegetable/Sunflower/Coconut oil – about 3 table spoons
3. A medium size chopped onion
4. Lemon or Lime juice
5. Some curry leaves chopped
6. Garlic cloves (2) chopped
7. A small piece of fresh ginger
8. Green chillies 2 – finely chopped (Medium hot)
9. 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder (Haldi)
10. 1/2 teaspoon of hot Madras curry powder
11. 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder
12. 1/2 of Beef seasoning
13. Salt to taste
1. Add oil in to a non-stick pan and heat, and then add the chopped onions, curry leaves, garlic and ginger. (Medium heat, keep pan open)
2. When the onions are slightly turning golden add the turmeric, Madras curry powder, chilli powder.
3. Continue to fry the onions etc with the spices until they blend and turn soft.
4. Add the corned beef (Once the can has been opened slice the corned beef in to 1/2 cm slices this will make life easy when you add them to the pan and softens easily.)
5. Now add the beef seasoning.
6. Corned beef contains salt so be careful when adding extra salt.
7. When you can see the corned beef is soft mix it well with the onions and etc.
8. Leave in the pan for another 3-4 minutes to fry. (Achieve best results by using a non-stick Wok pan. This way you can make the corned beef a bit more crispy too)
9. Add some lime/lemon juice.
10. Once ready for best taste serve with crusty bread/bread rolls/French stick or even pol rotti/Paratha!
To enjoy with plain rice or spaghetti follow the above steps but add one medium freshly chopped tomato after step 3.
This simple, high protein dish taste great after a cool beer!
© Malini's Kitchen - Printed from www.infolanka.com/recipes