1 lb (500 g) lean and fat boneless pork
1 tsp salt, or to taste
2 eggs, beaten
3 tbsp plus 1 tsp (50 g) dry cornstarch (corn flour)
1 medium green pepper
7 oz (200 g) bamboo shoots
4 cups (1 l) vegetable oil for deep frying
4 tsp garlic, sliced
2 tbsp scallions, chopped
For the sauce
4/12 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp Vinegar
2 tsp Soy sauce
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 cup (120ml) water
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 tsp water
1. Wash the pork and cut into diamond shaped slices about 1” long. Mix with the salt and let stand for 15 minutes. Then mix well with the eggs and dry cornstarch.
2. Halve vertically and seed and wash the green pepper. Cut the Green Pepper and bamboo shoots into diamond shapes, the same size as the pork.
3. Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat to very hot. Deep fry the pork slices until they turn golden brown and float to the surface. Drop the bamboo shoots into the oil and remove immediately, along with the pork drain well and set aside
4. Make the sweet and sour sauce in another pot
5. Pour the oil out of the wok, leaving only enough to cover the bottom, about 2tbsp. Heat to very hot, add the garlic and stir-fry. Then add the scallions and green pepper and stir fry for one minute. Add the sweet-and-sour sauce and bring to a boil.
© Malini's Kitchen - Printed from www.infolanka.com/recipes