3 Large fleshy crab cleaned
8 to 10 dry red Kashmiri chillies (not too pungent without the seeds, ground to a paste)
3 teaspoons of garlic paste
2 teaspoons of ginger paste
1/4 teaspoons of powdered cumin
about 8 -10 fenugreek seeds
sesame or lighter oil that will not interfere with the seafood flavours
fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
salt to taste/fish sauce (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a large deep hot pot.
2. Add in the fenugreek seeds
3. Season with salt
4. Add the turmeric powder, cumin seed and the chilli paste
5. Fry for about 3 mins on a low heated until the fenugreek is toasted.
6. Add the garlic and ginger paste and stir for another 3 -4 mins on a low heat so that the garlic does not burn.
7. Add the crab and keep stirring for a few mins until the crab has been absorbed by the masala.
8. Add about 1 and a half cups of water and cover the pan to let the crab cook for about 10 mins. If you like, you can cheat and add in some fish sauce for added flavour, it gives it a salty tangy taste
9.Garnish with the coriander leaves when the crab is off the heat.
10. Serve with either rice or breads with accompaniments.
© Malini's Kitchen - Printed from www.infolanka.com/recipes